Reopening Centennial Concert Hall
Last update October 14, 2020
Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation’s core effort will focus on enhanced cleaning and disinfecting areas of the Centennial Concert Hall before, during and after every event to help ensure a safe experience for our patrons. Please stay tuned to this page for updates.
Cleaning and Mitigation
- Theatre seating will be cleaned after every show with newly purchased sanitizing equipment.
- Frequent touchpoints in the lobby, washrooms and other areas will be wiped down and sanitized before and during performances.
- Where possible, interior doors will be propped open to reduce touchpoints.
- Cleaning agent listed on Canada.ca disinfectants to use against Covid-19. DIN number 02393131 Super Quat Plus.
Employee and Performer Requirements
- Employees and performers are required to declare they are symptom-free. They are instructed to stay home if they (or household members) have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Event staff will wear PPE during events.
- Plexiglass shields and or face shields will be used at all points of sale.
- Employees must wash/sanitize their hands at least every 30 minutes and will have access to gloves for specific duties.
- All employees will receive training on pandemic prevention practices in order to protect themselves and all other building users. This includes customer service while social distancing, proper sanitization techniques, guest interaction etiquette and emergency response protocol.
- Patrons who experience symptoms of COVID-19, the flu or a cold should not enter the facility. If you or any household members have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should remain at home and plan to get tested as soon as possible.
- We ask that you take the self assessment before arrival https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/
- If you begin to show symptoms during an event, please make your way to Guest Services for assessment.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available in the lobby areas for patrons to use, we request you use it immediately upon entry into the lobby to ensure all patrons have sanitized.
- Masks are required during your visit to Centennial Concert Hall. If you arrive without a mask, we will sell one to you(available at the box office). Please put your mask on before entering the facility.
- If a patron has a documented medical breathing condition unrelated to Covid-19, they are exempt from wearing a mask, the patron should provide proper medical documentation to staff, but this is not mandatory. Instead of a mask, the patron will be expected to wear a face shield.
- If a patron is 5 or under they do not need to wear a face mask, this is in compliance with the Government of Manitoba health orders.
- If you have hand sanitizer, we encourage you to keep a small bottle on your person for quick access.
- Act responsibly and keep physically distant from other patrons. Be kind, patient and considerate to other patrons and staff members.
- The Box Office is closed to walk up orders during regular hours, we encourage using online purchases or by phone. The Box Office will be open before events to resolve patron inquiries.
- Your ticket will have a specific arrival time, please adhere to it, this will allow for proper physical distancing during ingress.
- We strongly recommend electronic tickets or print at home to limit physical contact.
- Please see box office hours for service over the phone.
- Specific to WSO concerts, the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra has developed a Concert FAQ page at https://wso.ca/concertfaqs/
Physical Distancing Measures
- Reserved seating is in effect for every show. Theatre capacity is reduced (currently 500), and seating is staggered to ensure compliance with Manitoba Government physical distancing guidelines.
- Performances will be limited to 90 minutes and will not have an intermission.
- Floor markers and signs will indicate distancing guidelines at possible congestion areas.
- Tables, lobby seating, and concessions may be reduced or unavailable to meet physical distancing guidelines.
- After the performance please exit one row at a time and maintain physical distance on your way out. Instructions will be given from stage during performances.
Food & Drink
- Limited concessions will be available, all beverages will be “made to order”, to reduce touch points. If available, food will be pre-packaged.
- Please maintain physical distancing while waiting in line.
- Some stalls and sinks may be out of service to facilitate physical distancing.
- We encourage guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- Programs will not be available.
- Coat check will not be available.
- Consider using mobile phone apps to pay for parking in outdoor lots, download Hangtag for use at Impark lots and PayByPhone for use with street parking. Setup your account before you leave for the event, so you can pay quickly and easily when you arrive.
- Indoor parking pay stations will be cleaned frequently and have hand sanitizer available.
- The main foyer and side lobbies are supplied air through two air handlers with a combined capacity of 77,427 cubic feet per minute. This provides approximately 4.6 complete air changes per hour and the air is filtered by MERV-8 air filters. The air handler for the theatre seating area delivers 37,176 cubic feet of air per minute. This provides approximately 5.3 complete air changes per hour and the air is filtered by MERV-8 rated air filters. MERV-8 filters suit our specific HVAC system best. They allow the maximum amount of airflow and air exchanges to be achieved in our facility with the proper balance of filtration for our system. No two facilities are the same and every building will require a different approach, too much filtration will lower pressure and cause fresh air exchanges per hour to drop.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Centennial Concert Hall, if you have additional questions please email the Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation at email@example.com.